Concession Stand Food Service Manager-Texas Sate Fair
We are looking for an experienced food service manager to join our team. The food service manager’s responsibilities will include ensuring that all meals are properly portioned and presented and resolving customer complaints. You should also be able to expedite service during busy periods by assisting in serving customers and processing payments.
To be successful as a food service manager, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable about food health and safety regulations. Ultimately, an exceptional food service manager should be able to multitask as well as demonstrate excellent leadership, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
Food Service Manager Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training, and managing food service employees.
- Scheduling employee work hours to ensure that all shifts are adequately covered.
- Completing payroll and maintaining employment records.
- Ensuring that customers are served quality food in a timely manner.
- Regularly inspecting all work areas to ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations.
- Taking inventory of food supplies and other consumables, ordering necessary supplies as needed, and receiving deliveries.
- Accurately tallying all cash and charge slips.
- Reviewing sales records to determine which menu items are most profitable.
- Arranging cleaning and maintenance services including trash removal, pest control, deep cleaning, and equipment maintenance, as needed.
- Switching off all lights and enabling the alarm system at the close of business.
Food Service Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Food protection manager certification (FPMC) or Foodservice management professional (FMP) accreditation is advantageous.
- Proven experience working in the food service industry.
- Sound knowledge of labor laws as well as food health and safety regulations.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
Tipo de puesto: Tiempo completo, Medio tiempo, Temporal
Sueldo: A partir de $15.00 la hora
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Garland, TX 75041: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Basic math: 5 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location