We are seeking a Senior level lead installation security technician with 5+ years’ experience in commercial security products including access control, CCTV and IP-based video systems; or equivalently work-related experience in the voice/data/service or security industries. Additional experience with inspections, troubleshooting, testing, programming, and repairing integrated security systems a plus. Position requires advanced understanding of networks and IT infrastructure.
- Installation of security/access/CCTV systems in accordance with company and code standards.
- Verifies system performance, maintains accurate records, and builds customer rapport by resolving concerns and answering questions.
- Maintains customer rapport by resolving concerns and answering questions with the focus of building long-term relationships.
- Plans security system installations by surveying and evaluating location by identifying alarm installation requirements while laying-out equipment and wiring plans.
- Verifies access/CCTV systems functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifying and correcting problems.
- Maintains records by documenting installation and service.
- Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices; keeping security information confidential
REQUIRED & PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Valid Texas driver’s license. If relocating to Texas, must be in the process of acquiring a Texas driver’s license.
- 5 years as an Installation or Service Technician or equivalent in the security or fire alarm industry.
- Advanced understanding of networking and IT infrastructure.
- Advanced understanding of Windows Operating Systems including Windows 7, 10, & Server.
- Positive can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
- Thorough understanding and grounding in Ohms Law and low voltage circuits.
- Experience with a wide variety of CCTV and Access Control Systems.
- Experience with Access Control Systems and programming.
- Experience with CCTV installation and DVR programming; NVR/Server, IP and megapixel cameras.
- * Factory certifications a plus.
- * Responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, detail-oriented, personable, time management skills, and well organized.
- * Superior customer service skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- * Conduit installation and bending a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Computer skills: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road