We are looking to hire an experienced maintenance electrician to look after the electrical system of our building. As a maintenance electrician, you will be required to conduct general maintenance inspections, perform routine electrical maintenance, respond to faults and wiring issues, and install major electrical appliances for the building.
To ensure success as a maintenance electrician, you should have high-level problem-solving skills, extensive experience working with industrial electrical systems, and good communication skills. Ultimately, a top-class maintenance electrician ensures the smooth running of a building’s electrical system and resolves issues quickly and efficiently.
Maintenance Electrician Responsibilities:
- Routinely inspecting electrical systems such as wiring, fixtures, and appliances.
- Identifying faults or hazards.
- Troubleshooting system failures.
- Reviewing blueprints to understand wiring placement.
- Testing of electrical systems with oscilloscopes, voltmeters, and ohmmeters.
- Conducting maintenance repairs on old or faulty fixtures.
- Responding to fault requests.
- Providing suggestions for equipment replacement.
- Writing electrical maintenance reports.
- Installing new electrical appliances in the building.
- Adhering to safety and performance standards.
Maintenance Electrician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Electrician qualification certificate.
- Proven work experience as a Maintenance Electrician.
- Familiarity with industrial electrical systems and the National Electrical Code.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Physically strong and able to stand for long periods.
- Good communication skills.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mesquite, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Electrical License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
$25.00 – $30.00 /Hour.